offtrackSystems

The online, open journal of a disoriented mind.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Finally got my DSL router. And set it up in 30 minutes too

After more than 3 weeks since application for DataOne, I get my modem. The line seems to drop frequently, but I have to get down with my Solderon before I start blaming the BSNL guys.

I configured the SmartAX MT882 to use the USB interface and logged into the web console @192.168.1.1

After hacking around a little bit, and resetting the router once, I finally decided to do something useful - I configured it to dial out / PPPoE wihout installing the provided PPPoE software itself.

This is what the 'Summary' page gives me :


ADSL Link Speed
256 Kbps
ADSL Link Speed
1760 Kbps
Previous Tx-Rate
256 Kbps
Previous Rx-Rate
1792 Kbps
SNR
14 dB
SNR
8.0 dB
CRC
0
CRC
0
Attenuation
31.5 dB
Attenuation
40.0 dB

All the values seem to be OK to my very inexperienced eyes, but I can't still figure out why the line is getting so very frequently dropped.

Pradipta was the last one to phone today, and he did mention that he could barely hear my voice (even though I was shouting)

Gotta investigate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home